Google released Google SEO Starter Guide ebook, a Search Engine Optimization Guide that covers around a dozen common areas that webmasters might consider optimizing. The ebook lists best practices that can improve your website’s performance in Google.
In 2008 Google released the SEO Starter Guide which is available in 40 Languages, now after two long years the guide gets update.
- Glossary to define terms throughout the guide
- More example images to help you understand the content
- Ways to optimize your site for mobile devices
- Clearer wording for better readability
Google SEO Starter Guide Contents:
- Create unique and accurate page titles.
- Make use of the “description” meta tag.
- Improve the structure of your URLs.
- Make your site easier to navigate.
- Offer quality content and services.
- Write better anchor text.
- Optimize your use of images.
- Use heading tags appropriately.
- Make effective use of robots.txt.
- Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links.
- Notify Google of mobile sites.
- Guide mobile users accurately.
- Promote your website in the right ways.
- Make use of free webmaster tools
Download: Google SEO Starter Guide ebook [PDF]
[via webmaster central]