Google Maps Go is a light version of Google Maps app, it’s designed for low-end Android devices running Oreo (Go edition).
The app size is just 0.09MB and has all the core features of the original app, it provides directions via car public transport, cycling and on foot, as well as business listings.
However, you don’t get turn-by-turn directions and the ability to share your location.As the app is intended for low-end devices, maps actually run in Chrome, above features will be enough.
- Quick directions and map details
- Reach faster with real-time traffic information
- Ride the bus or train with live city transit schedules
- Explore the streets with walking directions
- Discover places and explore new places
- Search and find local restaurants, businesses, and other nearby places
- Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of food
- Find the phone number and address to a place
- Save places you want to or visit often, and quickly find them later from your mobile
- Available in 70+ languages
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 200 countries and territories
- Transit information for nearly 7,000 agencies, more than 3.8 million stations, and 20,000 towns/cities
- Detailed business information for over 100 million places
Google Maps Go behaves a lot like the original app, it’s tiny and fast.