Google I/Oconference held for its developers revealed several innovations, among those the first day of the conference discussed on extensions for Google Chrome.
Another thing I noticed is extensions (like page rank) will appear on a bottom bar of the Chrome browser as demonstrated by Boodman, suggesting that the real estate at the top of the browser will remain reserved for bookmarks only, and not add-ons.The buttons that users click on to use a extension will look similar to that of the bookmark buttons. When users highlight their mouse over an extension, it will illuminate the extension, with borders around it to separate it from others.
Google will offer a housing system for extensions, which may be updated automatically. They will also be compatible with future versions of the browser, so there will be no compatibility problems with older versions.
The first extensions available are:
Page Rank checker for Chrome created by Vasanth, shows the Google PageRank for the current website
Link :PageRank checker
Installation of PageRank Checker:
- Install Google Chrome from http://www.google.com/chrome.
- Download the Chrome Channel Switcher.
- Launch the channel switcher, and subscribe to the dev channel as shown below
- Download Page Rank addon for Chrome.
- Right-click the shortcut icon of Google Chrome, either on your desktop or in your “Start” menu, and click “Properties”
- Select “Target” item, append ” –enable-extensions” without double quotes
- Copy pagerank.crx into drive C,open chrome and type or paste “file:///C:/pagerank.crx” without double quotes then click enter
- Now You will be propmted whether to install it, click “OK“,that’s it.
- Restart Google Chrome,now you should be able to see Page Rank display on left bottom corner for any particular website.
Example according to my pc:
Before: “c:Documents and SettingsramakanthLocal SettingsApplication DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe”
After:”c:Documents and SettingsramakanthLocal SettingsApplication DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe” –enable-extensions
Also take a look at pagerank (bookmark) addon created by techtoggle,it is very simple to implement this bookmark addon,just click “Customize and control Google chrome,”then select “Always show bookmarks bar” and drag the addon script from techtoggle website onto your chrome bookmarks bar.