The Duplicates Cleaner is a MacOS app that generally costs $1.99, now for a limited time period the app is available free of cost.
The Duplicates Cleaner apps for Mac makes this simpler.It moves duplicates to Trash and lets you bring them back, never worry about losing files by mistake.
Deleting unnecessary copies of your file can slim down your hard drive and free up disk space on your Mac. Every time you update to latest version of MacOS without performing a clean installation, it will leave temporary, useless and duplicate files on your hard drive.
To remove duplicate files on your Mac, launch the Duplicates Cleaner app and click the ‘Scan’ button, before running a scan you need to select or add the folders that you wish to lookup for duplicates.
To locate duplicates the app uses SHA-1 Checksum algorithms, once the scan is completed the app displays the duplicates files that can be removed, select the duplicate file that you wish to remove and click the ‘clean’ button, next hit ‘Remove’ to proceed for removing the duplicates.
Key Features of The Duplicates Cleaner:
- Fast scan-engine and SHA-1 Checksum algorithms.
- Locate and remove duplicate files, even if they are in remote corners of your system(such as iPhoto and iTunes Library).
- Duplicate Finder scans your whole hard drive, no matter how many files are the on your Mac.
- Dig through scan results and hand-pick the files to erase, or better – let Smart Select do all the work.
- Never worry about losing files by mistake, moves duplicate files to the Trash and bring them back in one-click.
This app size is 4.2MB and the last update it received is on November 16, 2016.The apps works on latest macOS Sierra (Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor).
Get The Duplicates Cleaner app free at iTunes store or Mac App store.