As we reported earlier about the release of vlc 2.0, today videolan, the developers of VLC Media Player released the final version of VLC 2.0 and it has been available for Mac OS X , Windows and Linux platforms.
VLC Media Player 2.0 (Twoflower) is the best cross-platform, multi-format versatile media player that will play all most all media formats.
VLC 2.0.0 is a major update that brings several new optimizations on the technical side, new features, and a brand-new Mac interface.The new version biggest change is a new iTunes-esque like user interface for the OS X version, Blu-ray playback support and a new native full screen mode for Lion.
VLC 2.0′s interface for Mac is dramatically different from its earlier revision, both technically and usage-wise. Playlist and video output share the same window, service discovery modules can be easily accessed through a sidebar and various audio + video filters are available through the respective panels. Besides that, the interface is noticeably faster and easily expandable.
This doesn’t mean that windows users has to disappoint about this release, although there have been no changes to the Windows interface , but it also got big features such as 64-bit version, as well as support for multiple video files found inside RAR archives.
With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 is a major upgrade for VLC.Twoflower has a new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos.
It supports many new devices and BluRay Discs.Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.Twoflower fixes several hundreds of bugs, in more than 7000 commits from 160 volunteers.
Also videolan is working on next version VLC 2.0.1, if you find any bugs in VLC 2.0.0 report it to VLC bug tracker.
VLC 2.0 includes these major enhancements:
- multi-threaded video decoding based upon ffmpeg-mt
- greatly enhanced Matroska / MKV playback
- updated codecs including 10bit support
- re-written video output with major speed improvements
- enhanced subtitle display
- and much much more
VLC 2.0 includes the following Mac OS X specific changes:
- Completely re-written single window interface
- 2 interface styles: Lion gray and QTX-like black
- Full access to VLC’s video and audio filters
- new Audio Effects panel adding Compressor and Spatializer filters
- new Video Effects panel for color and geometry adjustments, and more
- A new panel to synchronize audio or subtitle tracks with the video
- Re-written Open Disc functionality with automatic media detection
- Native fullscreen support on OS X Lion (can be disabled if desired)
- enhanced AppleScript support
- support for VLC’s lua-based extensions, which which allow you to get info about the current movie from Allociné, post to Twitter, fetch subtitles automatically, etc.
Download VLC 2.0.0 For Windows [Direct Link]
Download VLC 2.0.0 For Mac OS X 10.6+ [Direct Link]
Download VLC 2.0.0 For Mac OS X 10.5 Intel [Direct Link]
Download VLC 2.0.0 For Mac OS X 10.5 PowerPC [Direct link]
Linux users: Ask your favorite packager for VLC 2.0