BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition today received a major update, the security firm Bitdefender released a new version (126.96.36.1993) of the basic anti-virus solution with several improvements, new features and several bug fixes.
BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition 188.8.131.523 got “Full System Scan” entry in the System Tray menu icon, while “Full Scan” module is changed into “Full Sweep” in Auto Scan section.The new version also received Auto Scan and On-Demand Scan improvements and new scan paths for the installer for better detection of specific malware. Below you can read the list of changes and improvements in the new version.
What’s new in BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition 184.108.40.2063:
- Added “Full System Scan” entry in the systray menu icon.
- Changed “Full Scan” into “Full Sweep” in Auto Scan section.
- Refined Threat Control tab; Per-item actions are now displayed on mouse-over.
- Fixed Logs button issues.
- Fixed Explorer freeze at startup.
- Fixed Multiple entries in Threat Control for the same blocked process.
- Fixed Duplicate entry in Threat Control for an active infection.
- Auto Scan and On-Demand Scan improvements.
- Other fixes and internal improvements.
- Added new scan paths to installer for better detection.
- New httproxy which fixes some Opera issues.
BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition although offers basic anti-virus protection for your desktop, but this free security app uses the same technologies and Antivirus engine offered by BitDefender in commercial versions to thwart intrusive malware and virus or spyware.
This free Antivirus solution from Bitdefender is designed to minimize both the performance footprint on computers and user interactions.With Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition, scanning only takes place when your system is idle and known clean files are skipped.
The free version has a very clean-interface,which allows you to configure settings and perform tasks very easily.The free Antivirus not only offers 24/7 protection, but is also fully compatible with both 32- and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition periodically scans all of your files and handles all security-related decisions for you. This means you will see no pop-ups, no alerts and you will not have to configure any settings whatsoever.