Backup4all is an award-winning data backup software for Windows. This backup utility was designed to protect your valuable data from partial or total loss by automating backup tasks, password protecting and compressing it to save storage space. This backup application is feature rich and offers an intuitive interface making all features easily accessible for both beginners and professionals.
Backup4all 4.8 is now available, this is a major update and we highly recommend downloading and installing the new version. It contains important improvements, as this new version is at least 40% faster than previous ones
What was improved in Backup4all 4.8:
- Important backup speed enhancements. In our tests the new version turns out to be 40% faster than the previous version, especially when the backup jobs contain numerous files.
- Improved source filter matching. All the backup jobs are filtered by default (there are several filters set up that affect all backup jobs). These filters have environment variables in the path of their sources. This means that everytime the filters were applied, the environment variables had to be expanded. We’ve optimized that process now, as the environment variables are expanded just once when the backup starts, not individually for each file (as it was before).
- Faster file access functions while archiving. For the archiving process we used several functions that were quite old (Delphi functions), we’ve seen a definite speed improvement when we started using certain Windows functions.
- Improved logging times. The speed improvement for logging is noticed especially when using the detailed log. Before this improvement, for each file/folder in the source the time format was established. Now we’ve improved that by calculating the time format at the beginning of the logging process and using that for all the files in that backup job.
You can watch the video below to see how the new version compares with the old one in terms of backup speed:
Backup4all comes in three editions: Lite, Standard and Professional. Professional is the full edition with all features enabled, while Standard and Lite are the limited-functionality editions. It’s compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000 and 2008/2003/2000 Server as well as Windows 7. For a detailed comparison between Lite, Standard and Professional visit the Compare Products page (there’s also an option on that page to “Show differences only” which will hide the options that are available in all editions).
Using the wizard you can easily set up any backup configurations you wish. You can define powerful file filters and schedule your backups any way you want. Once a backup is performed, you can see what files changed since the last backup using the explorer-like tree view or you can read the statistics about the next backup execution.
With many other backup software programs, files that are in use during the backup may not get backed up successfully because they are locked to prevent programs from modifying the data.
With Backup4all you can back-up open or locked files (on Windows 7/Vista/XP/2003), such as databases, MS Outlook personal folder (.pst), Outlook Express mail archives (dbx files) and others. When defining a backup, there is also the option to run predefined backups, such as My Documents, My Pictures or Outlook Express emails and settings.
This backup application has ZIP64 support (can create backups over 4GB) and creates standard zip files, meaning that you can access it with any zip compatible utility.
Backup4all Lite v.4.8 Features:
- File and folder filtering (filter by attribute, size, date, name and type)
- Explorer-like interface
- Backs up open files (files in use) – as an example you can back-up Microsoft Outlook without closing it first
- Default Predefined backups (My Documents, My Pictures, Outlook Express, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, IE Favorites, Backup4all configurations)
- Backup plugins – possibility to import plugins as Predefined Backups
- Mirror backup with individual file compression and encryption
- Brief view and “Getting Started” window with shortcuts to main operations
- MSI setup for automatic deployment
- Command line version
Backup4all Lite v.4.8 for FREE :
Backup4all Lite edition is normally priced at $20, but for a limited time period the developers “softland” is giving away the full version license of Backup4all Lite 4.8 for free to all interested users.
Just visit this promo page, provide your name, email address and receive Backup4all Lite 4.8 registration key.
Note : The giveaway will end on 14th of July,2012.