Avira today released the Version 2012 of its world-famous antivirus computer security software.Along with the paid versions ( Avira Internet Security 2012, Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 , the Avira Free Antivirus 12 is now available for download.
Avira Free Antivirus 12 arrives with a new User Interface,improved security engine and a new installation process that can install this security product faster and easier than the earlier version.
Avira Free Antivirus 2012 offers protection against viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkits, adware, and spyware that has been tried and tested over 100 million times worldwide.It monitors every action executed on your Windows systems and promptly detects malicious programs in real-time.
Avira Free Antivirus 12 includes an improved user interface and installation process, more automation in the detection and removal of malware, improved usage of system resources, and an even better detection of the latest and unknown threats.So you can get Superb and popular anti-virus protection at no cost.
Key Functions of Avira Free Antivirus 2012 :
- Detects and removes more than 150,000 viruses
- Always among the winners of comparison test featured in computer journals
- The resident Virus Guard serves to check file movements automatically, e.g. downloading of data from the internet
- Scanning and repair of macro viruses
- Protection against previously unknown macro viruses
- Protection against trojans, worms, backdoors, jokes and other harmful programs
- AntiVir protection against viruses, worms and Trojans
- AntiDialer protection against expensive dialers
- AntiRootkit protection against hidden rootkits
- AntiPhishing protection against phishing
- AntiSpyware protection against spyware and adware
- NetbookSupport for laptops with low resolution
- QuickRemoval eliminates viruses at the push of a button
- Easy operation
- Internet-Update Wizard for easy updating
- Protection against previously unknown boot record viruses and master boot record viruses
Avira Free Antivirus 12 Features :
More intuitive User Interfaces – A cleaner, more modern screen design with options organized by function, and a shortened 2-click install process and automatic resolution of software conflicts during installation. Avira’s software was designed with default configurations to make installation easier, to keep the user safer, and to take the guesswork out of remaining secure. Also, users will discover that many components have been renamed so that every consumer can understand their function without reading the documentation. And best of all, a one-click “Fix Problems” button to solve any issues that might endanger users’ computers.
Smarter Code – Avira software has even further increased detection rates by out-witting malware that hides from ordinary antivirus software. New detection mechanisms find rogue code that hides even deep in the operating system.
Stronger Detection – All components have been fortified to better resist malware attacks that target antivirus software specifically. This fortification includes the ability for Avira software to act without many registry keys, better resistance against process termination and component deletion, and many other malware counter-measures.
In addition to a simpler interface, smarter code, and stronger detection, Avira 2012 also focuses on support by adding Live Customer Support for all premium products. If users run into any problems, they can connect directly with a technical support engineer who will fix the problems in real time over the Internet using Avira’s new Team Viewer feature.
Lastly, running two security solutions in parallel can have negative consequences on the stability of the PC and the overall experience with newly installed software. So to make the transition to the Avira products version 2012 as easy and painless as possible, automatic detection and removal of potentially incompatible software has been added in all installation programs. No worries, it is possible to select what 3rd party solutions to keep.