Screen captures–pictures of what’s shown on your computer monitor–are extremely useful. You can use them to help you explain to your associates, clients, IT, or tech support what you are seeing, or how to interact with a particular program. They’re great for presentations, or to insert into larger documents. And, for us as reviewers, it makes it possible for us to illustrate our articles, so that you can see what we’re writing about. But, with the right screen capture utility, you can do so much more. A case in point is Ashampoo Snap 3, which allows you to easily capture or create video as well as still images.
Ashampoo Snap 3 can be started on demand or you can have it always available. To start a capture you just move the mouse pointer up to the top of the screen to display the button bar, which is otherwise hidden. This is great for quickly capturing unexpected events and saving them to share with friends – for example on news channels or chat boards.
After a capture the editor is displayed automatically and you can use the editing tools to enhance your image. If you keep Ashampoo Snap 3 available you can capture and edit on the fly and share an event with friends right after it happens.
- Video capture for movies: In movie mode you can capture videos displayed anywhere on your screen and save them to high-quality WMV files. Video mode encodes on the fly, saves in full color and looks great when you play it back. All settings are automatic for optimum quality – you don’t have to configure anything.
- Video capture for applications: This mode is ideal for demos and user instructions. It captures everything on the screen, including mouse movements, and saves your captures to a compact video files.
- Choose video capture area, add your own voice: In both video capture modes you can capture the entire screen, a program window, a region defined with the mouse or a fixed-size region. You can also use your microphone to add your own comments and instructions for demos and tutorials. Sound settings are also configured automatically.
- Editor mode: Users liked the editing features of the previous versions so much that we’ve added an edit mode. You can now use Ashampoo Snap 3 as an editor to open and edit other images and videos.
- Cool new user interface: Modern button bars with transparent backgrounds, attractive new design, even easier to use than ever before.
- Accurate scrolling capture printing: Ashampoo Snap 3 can capture “scrolling windows” to include all the contents of a document in a single image, including the part not visible on the screen – for example for Word documents and long web pages. You can now print the resulting long documents to multiple pages accurately, Ashampoo Snap 3 automatically makes sure that text lines don’t get broken between pages.
- Automatic filenames: You can configure the format of the automatic filenames generated when you make captures. For example, you can include the current date and time in the filename.
- Flood fill tool: New editing tool for filling areas with color.
- Capture scrolling windows: Capture the entire contents of a text document or web page to a single graphics image. Ashampoo Snap 3 automatically scrolls the window and captures everything, including the part of the document not visible in the window.
- Capture freestyle shapes: Start capture and draw the shape you want to capture on the screen with the mouse – it’s like the lasso function in a graphics program.
- Unique mouse tools: Super-intuitive graphics editing tools with all the controls attached to the mouse pointer so that you don’t have to open any menus or dialogs. Everything is right there where you’re editing. Once you’ve used mouse tools everything else feels slow and clunky.
- User assistance wizards: In Assistant mode, which is activated by default, Ashampoo Snap 3 shows you where everything is and explains how to do everything directly in the p[ad#ads-inner]rogram. You’ll probably never need to look at the detailed documentation we spent so long writing…
Ashampoo is giving away this nice tool worth $19.99 for FREE.
Way to Get it FREE
- Go to the Promotional Page, enter your valid email address and click on Send button.
- Instantly you will receive a mail from MrReg@ashampoo.com. If you have not created an account of Ashampoo before, you have to click on the confirmation link in the mail. It will open the sign-up page.
- In the sign-up page just click on the OK, Send button.
- That’s it, you will receive the license in your mailbox. If you are already registered through that email address, you have to click on the similar confirmation link and they will send the license immediately. They are sending the same license to all.
- Download the installer from Download.com (17.33Mb) and register with the license received.
Enjoy the FREE software.
Thanks to Frost.