Age of Empires III is one of my favorite game and one of the world biggest best selling strategy game developed by Ensemble Studios. Even now when I got bored with other new games, I will play Age of Empires(AOE) III on my XP desktop. Similar to other AOE fans I expected Age Of Empires 4 and till now there is no sign about AOE 4 from Microsoft.
Now Microsoft join hands with Robot Entertainment and unveiled free-to-play “Age of Empires Online” game, which is based around Ancient Greek civilization.
Age of Empires Online will feature:
- A persistent online capital city that lives and grows even when you’re offline
- Cooperative multiplayer quests, trading and a level-based system that lets you progress at your own pace
- Fun, approachable style and storylines
- Free-to-play experiences via Games for Windows – LIVE
- A Windows Experience Index score of 3.0 or higher or…
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- 1 gigabyte (GB) total system RAM (2 GB recommended)
- At least 2 gigahertz CPU, 128 MB video card, 3GB Hard Disc
- Fast Internet connection to downloading large (500 MB–2 GB) builds
How to play Age of Empires Online ?
AOE online is currently in beta stage and is expected to be available sometime in 2011. But you can participate in Beta, which requires a Windows Live account and GAMERTAG. If you do not have an Xbox or Games for Windows — LIVE account, you can create your free Gamertag over here.
After getting Gamertag, you can visit this beta sign-up page and fill required fields in the form to participate in Beta.