ReTweet is the current important built in feature that Twitter is missing, but Twitter.com is also considering and planning to implement this retweeting in Twitter platform.
Mean while Firefox users can access this feature with Better Twitter, a User Script or Grease Monkey script.
Better Twitter is a compilation of Endless Tweets, Retweet, and twitter highlight replies user scripts, which makes Twitter web interface better by adding a Retweet button to Twitter.com and implements many more features.
- Preloading of next page when you scroll down
- When on home, it remembers the last tweet that you’ve read and preloads next pages until you reach it, after which preloading stops
- Option to enable polling for new updates from your friends every 2 minutes. (This works best in Fluid on Mac OS X, where you have Growl notifications)
- Tab-completion of friend names when writing updates: for instance, writing “@mi” and hitting Tab will expand it to “@mislav”
- When clicked on the “reply” icon on a single tweet page an inline reply form is shown without reloading the page
- Clicking on the “in reply to …” links fetches and displays the referenced tweet inline
- Sorts friends in the sidebar by screen name
- Minified layout when you resize your browser window to a width narrower than Twitter.com layout
- Displays a Google map on user profiles which have geo coordinates
- Highlights @replies in yellow
- Added retweet button below reply button on hover
Note: To implement this script Firefox users must install Greasemonkey addon.I don’t know how to implement User Scripts in Opera, but you can find some info here
After Installing or enabling Grease monkey addon in your Firefox, visit userscripts.org,then click on Install tab. Now as shown in above image you should see a Retweet button when you hover your mouse over a tweet.
Better Twitter: http://bit.ly/2ZJls
Grease Monkey addon :https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
Project Retweet: Phase One