7-Zip 9.28 alpha version was released today by the developer Igor Pavlov. 7-Zip is a open source file archiver with a high compression ratio,you can use it on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization and you don’t need to register or pay for it.
The software supports 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP, WIM, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, Z. Most of the source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL + unRAR restrictions.
7-Zip 9.28 alpha version is provided without source code, Source code will be released in future beta version.Don’t use 7-Zip 9.28 alpha to process important files and archives, this is a development version.If you need more stable version, you can use 7-Zip 9.25 alpha.
What’s new in 7-Zip 9.28 alpha:
- LZMA2 now is default compression method for .7z format.
- 7-Zip now can update WIM archives.
- 7-Zip File Manager now can move files to archives.
- 7-Zip File Manager now can calculate CRC-32, SHA-1 and SHA-256 checksums for files.
- The default encoding for TAR format now is UTF-8. You can use -mcp=1 switch for OEM encoding.
- Command line version:
- new -sdel switch to delete files after including to archive.
- new -sns switch to store NTFS alternate streams (for WIM format only).
- new -sni switch to store NT security information for files (for WIM format only).
- Speed optimizations for opening big archives and big disk folders.
- DMG support was improved
- Some bugs were fixed.
- New localization: Aragonese.
Download 7-Zip for 64-bit Windows x64: http://dl.7-zip.org/7z928-x64.msi
Download: 7-Zip Theme Manager 2.1